Spiritual Maxims of Padre Pio. Sayings and words of Faith
Spiritual Maxims of Padre Pio of Pietrelcina. Sayings and words of Faith
- Don’t ever be pleased with yourself because of some goodness that you might discover in yourself, because it all comes to you from God, and to Him must you give the honor and glory.
- Invoke your Guardian Angel who will enlighten you. God gave you your Guardian Angel for this reason. So make use of your Angel’s service.
quote on faith and sacrifice by padre pio
- Walk the way of the Lord in simplicity; do not torment your spirit. Speak the truth, always the truth.
- You should feel at home with sufferings that it pleases Jesus to send you, since you always have to live with them. Acting thus you think less of being freed from them. Jesus who cannot suffer long to keep you in affliction will come to relieve and comfort you by infusing fresh courage into your soul.
- Don’t allow the sad sight of human injustice to sadden your soul; someday you will see the unfailing justice of God triumph over it!
- When you are exposed to any trial, be it physical or moral, bodily or spiritual, the best remedy is the thought of him who is our life, and not think of the one without joining to it the thought of the other.
- In the spiritual life, the more you run the less you get tired; moreover, peace, the preclude to eternal joy, will come upon us, and we shall be happy and strong according to the extent that we live in this study of making Jesus live in us, and of mortifying ourselves.
- Every Holy Mass, heard with devotion, produces in our souls marvelous effects, abundant spiritual and material graces which we, ourselves, do not know…It is easier for the earth to exist without the sun than without the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass!
- Those strong and generous in heart do not complain except for a strong reason, and even then it does not affect them intimately.
- If the world could see the beauty of a soul without sin, all sinners, all non-believers would instantly convert (their lives).
beautiful quote on mother mary by padre pio
- Some people are so foolish that they think they can go through life without the help of the Blessed Mother. Love the Madonna and pray the rosary, for her Rosary is the weapon against the evils of the world today. All graces given by God pass through the Blessed Mother.
- Go to the Madonna. Love her! Always say the Rosary. Say it well. Say it as often as you can! Be souls of prayer. Never tire of praying, it is what is essential. Prayer shakes the Heart of God, it obtains necessary graces!
- The Rosary is the ‘weapon’ for these times.
- If you have the courage to imitate Mary Magdalene in her sins, have the courage to imitate her penance!
- Keep close to the Catholic Church at all times, for the Church alone can give you true peace, since she alone possesses Jesus, the true Prince of Peace, in the Blessed Sacrament.
- Do you not see the Madonna always beside the tabernacle?
- Humility and charity are the master chords that all other virtues depend upon. The one is the lowest, the other the highest. The preservation of the entire edifice depends on the foundation and the roof. If the heart keeps itself directed in the exercise of these, no difficulty will be encountered in the others. These are the mothers of virtue, the others follow them as the chicks do their mother.
- Lean on the Cross of Jesus as the Virgin did and you will not be deprived of comfort. Mary was as if paralyzed before her crucified Son, but one cannot say that she was abandoned by him. Rather how much more did she not love him when she suffered and could not even weep?
- Even if you were to commit all the sins in the world, Jesus would repeat to you: “Many of your sins are forgiven because you have loved much.”
quote on charity by padre pio
- The life of a Christian is nothing but a perpetual struggle against self; there is no flowering of the soul to the beauty of its perfection except at the price of pain.
- My past, O Lord, to Your mercy; my present, to Your love; my future to Your providence.
- Pray, hope, and don’t worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.
- Who can assure us that we will be alive tomorrow? Let us listen to the voice of our conscience, to the voice of the royal prophet: “Today, if you hear God’s voice, harden not your heart.” Let us not put off from one moment to another (what we should do) because the (next moment) is not yet ours.
- By all means seek solitude, but don’t fail to be charitable towards your neighbor.
- Time spent in honor of God and for the salvation of souls is never badly spent.
- Faith guides even us and we follow its sure light on the way which conducts us to God and His homeland.
- God will not allow you to be lost if you persist in your determination not to lose Him.
- Remember: the sinner who is sorry for his sins is closer to God than the just man who boasts of his good works.
If you believe in what we do and publish, you will have no problem with giving just a small contribution so that the words of Faith of our beloved Saint Pio of Pietrelcina can reach and convert more and more people all over the world.
Unfortunately having a website involves some high management costs and a remarkable effort from our side. send your contribution, whatever you can/want.
We have all been called to be witnesses of the ” Life of Christ”, confort the sick people, support who falters thrusting and console who is loosing hope by following the teachings of Jesus and Saint Pio from Pietrelcina.